So it started.. the pumpkin recipes! And what better way to start than a Vegan Pumpkin Protein Bar! They're a yummy and filling afternoon snack that goes great with a good cup of tea!
Pumpkin Protein Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla flavor drops
- 1/2 cup vanilla vegan protein blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves)
- Pinch salt
- Toppings: Melted chocolate, pumpkin seeds
- Combine almond butter, pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. (Dough should be almost playdough-like.)
- Place dough in a lined 8x4inch baking pan and firmly press down using a spatula.
- Refrigerate for an hour or until set.
- Remove from fridge and cut into 8 pieces.
- Optional: top with melted chocolate and chopped pumpkin seeds - Store in fridge or freezer.