Mediterranean zucchini noodles are sauteed with garlic, kalamata olives, and artichoke hearts and then tossed with a rich sun-dried tomato cream sauce. This easy zucchini noodle pasta is packed full of flavor and is a healthy alternative to wheat pasta.
Mediterranean Zucchini Noodles [Vegan]
For the Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes if not using a high powered blender
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes drained and rinsed if packed in oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Zucchini Noodles:
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives halved
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- Add all sun-dried tomato cream sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk a tablespoon at a time as necessary to help blend and create a rich, smooth sauce. Set aside.
- Trim off the ends of the zucchini and use a spiralizer or vegetable peeler to turn the zucchini into “noodles.”
- Heat a tablespoon of water in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini noodles, garlic, olives and artichokes and toss with tongs. Cook until noodles are al dente, about 4-6 minutes, tossing frequently. The noodles should be wilted, but still have some crunch. The noodles will get mushy if you cook them too long, so resist the temptation and stop when they are crisp tender.
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Add 1/2 the sauce to the pan and toss to combine. Keep adding sauce until noodles are thoroughly coated. Serve immediately. Enjoy!