It’s that time of year — cold, snowy, and time to make hot chocolate! A classic childhood drink made plant-based, these vegan hot chocolate recipes from the Food Monster App will knock store-bought hot chocolate out of the park. We’ve got all kinds of flavors of hot chocolate from pumpkin to peanut butter to chai spiced. We’ve also got sugary or sugar free recipes. Try a quick and easy vegan hot chocolate recipe or a more complex one that will impress your friends when you make it for them.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Chocolate Archives !
1. Hemp-tastic Hot Chocolate
Source: Hemp-tastic Hot Chocolate
2. Raspberry Hot Chocolate
Source: Raspberry Hot Chocolate
Right in the heart of the winter season, it’s always a perfect time for a cup of hot chocolate. Hot cocoa is a classic favorite, and this spin on it uses almond milk as its base with raspberries for a fresh fruity kick. Try this Raspberry Hot Chocolate by Kat Condon !
3. Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Source: Peppermint Hot Chocolate
4. Thick and Creamy Hot Chocolate
Source: Thick and Creamy Hot Chocolate
Is there anything cozier in the winter than sitting by the fire and enjoying a warm cup of cocoa? If you are looking for a vegan hot chocolate that is thick and creamy and delicious and Paleo and even healthy for you, this Thick and Creamy Hot Chocolate by Holly Bertone is just what you need!
5. Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
Source: Pumpkin Hot Chocolate
6. Raw Hot Chocolate
Source: Raw Hot Chocolate
7. Sugar Free Hot Chocolate
Source: Sugar Free Hot Chocolate
Who doesn’t love hot chocolate? Hot chocolate is there when you are happy or sad, when you are celebrating or when you have a broken heart. Chocolate is your best friend. Keep it very close and spend time with your friends as often you like. Try this Sugar Free Hot Chocolate by Gabriela Lupu .
8. Quick and Easy Hot Cocoa
Source: Quick and Easy Hot Cocoa
There’s nothing quite like a hot cup of cocoa as the weather starts to cool down! Rich, chocolatey comfort in a cup – what could be better? This Quick and Easy Hot Cocoa by Dawn Kriss is simple and easy so you can have a delicious treat in no time.
9. Chai Spiced Hot Cocoa Mix
Source: Chai Spiced Hot Cocoa Mix
There’s nothing like a warm cup of hot cocoa on a cold winter’s day to brighten your mood. So, just imagine how delighted your friends and family will be when you gift them this Chai Spiced Hot Cocoa Mix by Jasmine Briones . It strikes the perfect balance between chocolatey, spicy, and sweet. This recipe is very simple, and if you don’t want to gift it, you can simply store it in a jar or air-tight container to enjoy in your home.
10. Healthy Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
You won’t believe that this creamy, rich Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate by Caroline Doucet doesn’t contain any milk or sugar. Instead, this healthy drink is made with cashews, peanut butter, dates and cocoa powder, blended with hot water. The result? A frothy, perfectly sweetened cup of hot cocoa that won’t break your health goals. Plus, it takes only 5 minutes, 5 ingredients and one blender!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation , heart health , mental wellbeing , fitness goals , nutritional needs , allergies , gut health , and more ! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne , hormonal imbalance , cancer , prostate cancer , and has many side effects .
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet .
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster , the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks .
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter !
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!