A 2-year-old Great Dane from Virginia has made the news after setting a world record for giving birth to 21 puppies in just over 24 hours.
Namine, the Great Dane, finished bringing 21 beautiful puppies into the world in just 27 hours, Namine’s human Tanya Dubbs told USA TODAY . The outlet reported that, sadly, three of the puppies died after being born, but their siblings remained healthy on Tuesday, Dubbs said.
“She is the best momma,” Dubbs said. “She is completely healthy!”
Dubbs said that Namine’s puppies weighed in at over a pound each expect for two of them. She also said that she didn’t expect Namine to give birth to move than a dozen puppies.
“About 12 yes. At most 16, definitely not 21,” she said. “They are the Disney Villains Litter.”
Namine’s pawrent told WRAL that Namine was hit by a truck last year after she got out of the house and suffered injuries to her side and face but she has recovered since.
Namine plans to give all of the profit from the puppies to a local animal shelter.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping . Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend , 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet , and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day ! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal . We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
Best Things In Life Are Rescued Tee By Tiny Rescue: Animal Collection
- Vocal Foster Puppies Go Viral on TikTok for Their Tiny Yelps [Video]
- Woman Leaves Work to Get Cookies and Comes Back with Two Rescue Puppies
- The More the Merrier! Couple Adopts Dog Who Unexpectedly Has 5 Puppies Weeks Later
- 38 Puppies Survive Crash in Texas on Their Way to California
- Neglected Pregnant Dog Saved From Freezing Temperatures Gives Birth to Nine Puppies on Christmas
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster , the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks .
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter !
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!