Making natural paint using cabbage is a fun and creative way to explore the world of natural pigments, and a great way to create a unique and vibrant color for your art projects . Jo’s Nature Art shared a step-by-step guide to making cabbage paint!
Unfortunately, many paint products are made up of a variety of chemicals, some of which can be toxic or harmful to humans and the environment. The most common toxic and harmful materials found in paint are volatile organic compounds ( VOCs ), lead, and formaldehyde. It is important to be aware of the potential health risks associated with paint and to take steps to reduce exposure such as using low-VOC or no-VOC paints, and making sure your space has the proper ventilation.
Cabbage isn’t the only natural pigment you can create with! There is a vast array of fruits, vegetables, and plants such as beets, turmeric, blueberries, spinach, flowers, tree bark, etc that can be used to create natural pigments, each with its own unique properties and hues, all without the use of harmful chemicals or toxins. You can follow @joanne_green_art on TikTok for more tutorials!
Making natural pigments is not only a sustainable and environmentally friendly choice, but the result is truly stunning, one of a kind, works of art. You can make it all at home and save loads of money in the process!
- How to Make Your Own Natural Paint
- DIY All-Natural Art Supplies For Your Kids (With 7 Simple Recipes)
- Roasted Purple Cabbage With Green Goddess Dressing
- Kale, Purple Cabbage, and Carrot Slaw With Tangy Shallot Vinaigrette
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster , the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks .
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter !
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!