easy BROCCOLI SPROUTS 🌱 from @tomatoeswithlemon all you need: 2 tbsp broccoli sprout seeds a mason jar seed sprouting jar lid (we used 25 oz mason jars with 2.75” lid) or small piece of cheese cloth instructions: DAY 1 1- Sanitize your mason jar by pouring hot water into it and leaving it for 1-2 minutes, then drain and let cool. 2- Soak the broccoli sprouting seeds in the jar submerged in filtered water, and close the mesh lid for about 5 hours. 3- Drain the water through the mesh lid, submerge it with fresh filtered water, swirl, then drain it (tap the jar upside down to get as much water out as possible). Then roll the jar around to separate the seeds while sticking to the sides of the jar. Leave the jar upside down in a bowl at an angle (this allows any remaining water to drip out). DAY 2-4 4- Continue this process twice daily; every day, your sprouts will grow a bit more by day 4 they have filled your entire jar. 5- Transfer to a container lined with a towel and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. #broccolisprouts #broccoli #sprouting #sproutingseeds #brocollisalad #cruciferousvegetables
Broccoli sprouts are tiny, nutrient-dense plants that come from the same family as broccoli, cauliflower, and kale, and are among some of the healthiest foods around!
The mighty plant is low in calories, high in fiber, high in minerals and vitamins. It also contains sulforaphane , an anticarcinogen and antibacterial compound that neutralizing free radicals, while also encouraging the production of antioxidant enzymes. While all cruciferous vegetables contain sulforaphane, broccoli sprouts have 10 to 100 times more!
If that weren’t appealing enough, broccoli sprouts are incredibly versatile and can be easily incorporated into a variety of dishes. You can sprinkle them over salads, put them in sandwiches or wraps, add to soups—virtually anything you can think of!
Growing broccoli sprouts at home in a jar is a fun and easy way to add a nutritious and flavorful ingredient to your meals. Give it a try and enjoy the many health benefits that come with this tasty superfood.
- Broccoli Sprouts: A Genuine Superfood You Can Grow In Your Kitchen
- The Magic Ingredient in Broccoli Sprouts: What is Sulforaphane and How to Get It
- Purple Sprouting Broccoli, Chickpeas, Kale, Sprouts, and Seeds
- Broccoli: 6 Reasons to Eat This Healthy Common Superfood (+ Recipes!)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster , the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks .
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter !
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!