Making your own natural, non-toxic hair perfume is a great way to create a signature scent without exposing your hair to harsh chemicals. It’s also a great way to save money!
@bottegazerowaste shared a simple tutorial that only requires 2-ingredients! First, you’ll need a carrier oil such as jojoba, almond, or coconut oil. Now, add a few drops of your essential oils to the carrier oil. For a more floral scent you can add rose, lavender, and jasmine sandalwood, and for a more earthy scent, consider adding sandalwood, cedarwood, patchouli, and vetiver. Experiment with different combinations to find the scent that you like best.
Once you’ve found the right combination, mix the oils together until they are fully blended. You can even transfer the mixture to a spray bottle to make it easier to apply the perfume to your hair and enjoy the scent all day long!
You can now smell incredible and be chemical free all at the same time. Your body and health will thank you for years to come!
- How to Make Your Own Non-Toxic Perfume
- DIY Natural Perfumes: How to Make Them and Why You Should
- DIY Perfume and Cologne to Save Yourself From Chemicals (and Also Save Some Money)!
- DIY Chemical-Free Cleanser and Moisturizer for Healthy Skin
- DIY: How to Make Your Own Deodorant
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster , the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks .
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter !
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!